Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cherry Tomato, Corn and Zucchini Pie


Adapted (just barely - because I didn't have time to make the pie crust and let it chill) from Smitten Kitchen

The trouble with cooking on short notice on a school night is there is never an extra hour to make and chill pie dough. I read through the comments on the Smitten Kitchen post, but no one had discussed successfully switching out store-bought pie dough (apparently the commenters are better at planning ahead!). I was afraid the store-bought pie dough would be too small to fold galette style, so I swapped it out for a pie pan. 

I prepared the filling as she suggests, and then spooned it into the dough laced pan, and covered with Parmesan. Then into the 400 degree over for 30 to 40 minutes, and it was lovely. There was some liquid, which I was able to pour out before we sliced into the pie. Aside from the need for an insanely hot oven, this is like the savory taste of summer in pie form. Worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment