Wednesday, August 5, 2009

camembert and cherries on ciabatta

pited cherries

So last night I'm trying to decide what to make for dinner. I had settled on adding chicken to the pineapple fried rice I was going to make. But I made the mistake of flipping thorugh my "to-make" recipes, and I couldn't get this Rachael Ray recipe for Grilled Cheese with Fresh Cherries out of my mind. Which is how I ended up buying ciabatta, camembert and cherries.

the great cherry massacre of '09

Things I didn't have included thyme, a grill, and apparently the right kind of bread. Apparently I didn't read the recipe very closely and I didn't realize it wasn't so much grilled cheese like, as toasting the bread. I have to say I think it turned out pretty well. I used the recipe to make half the cherry component and half the wheel of cheese for one sandwich.

camembert & cherries

Tonight I decided to use the other half of the cheese and some apple slices, and grilled this panini style. It's hard to say I liked it more, but I sort of did. Either way, I would highly recommend either permutation.

No comments:

Post a Comment