Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's A Christmas Cake

christmas chocolate peanut butter cake


Merry Christmas!


Granted, there is nothing particularly Christmas-y about this cake, except that I was inspired to put it together for Christmas dinner. I was talking to my friend Chloe earlier this week, and she said she was making this Chocolate Peanut Butter cake from Smitten Kitchen. I was blanking on other possible dessert ideas. Also this seemed like a good reason to make a cake, I don't really make cakes out at school, because serving and portability are always such issues. But it's Christmas, so I went all out. And let me say, this cake is worth it.


I was a little skeptical about the frosting, I wasn't sure how it would taste. Turns out this may be my new favorite frosting. It's basically cream cheese frosting (my favorite frosting) with some peanut butter blended in.

No comments:

Post a Comment